- The different Acts define “blind person” and “guide dog”
- The Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination
- The Nova Scotia Service Dog Act defines Service Dogs and the Regulations are similar to BC and Alberta.
- If a Dog has not been trained by ADI or IGDF then the Service Dog Handler must make an application to the Province of BC to have the Dog tested by The Justice Institute of British Columbia at a cost to the Handler. There is no exception to this rule.
- BC, Alberta and Nova Scotia have reciprocal agreements.
- Any Dog Team without BC, Alberta or Nova Scotia can be refused access. There is little if any recourse with the Human Rights Act.